Stratagem Technologies is seeking an experienced UX designer with graphic design skills and a passion for creating fantastic user-centred software.
Stratagem Technologies is a financial technology company focused on cutting-edge research, analysis, trading and tools for sports betting as an alternative financial asset class.
Founded in late 2012, Stratagem represents the culmination of knowledge and expertise derived from a wealth of experience in the financial markets and sports betting industry. Our focus is to provide tools and data to allow investment fund managers and sophisticated sports traders to evaluate the performance and risk of sports bets and sports betting strategies as an alternative investment in a financial portfolio.
Our business is based on 4 fundamental principles:
- To combine outstanding people with innovative technology to challenge the status quo
- To take pride in producing exceptional quality products as the norm
- To reward and empower excellent performance within our team
- To challenge each other in an environment of trust and respect to encourage our continual development
User Experience (UX) Engineers are the synthesis of design and development. We wish for this position to help bring to life innovative product concepts and bring them to life in an effort to push the boundaries of user interface design. In this Head UX Engineer job, you’ll need both types of skills to develop the next generation of products. You’ll partner with Researchers, Engineers and Traders to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation. Details are critical as you iterate on complex interactions, animations and pixel-perfect visual designs.
As customer expectations continue to evolve and become more demanding we’re looking for an experienced leader to build a dynamic and versatile experience design team – encompassing skills from both design and UX disciplines (research and development) – that fuses with our existing creative, strategic and technological capabilities to deliver next generation experiences
The role reports to the Head of Platform and the Head of Business Development.
- UX design, prototyping & testing
- Strong User Experience design skills with a balance between analysing user needs and hands-on design & prototyping skills
- Strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique to quickly express ideas on the go or in a workshop
- High skill in mapping user journeys, building wireframes, experience architecture and rapid prototyping
- Expertise in mobile-first approach and responsive design
- Expertise in common tools used by designers, e.g. Invision, Sketch, Axure, Photoshop, Balsamiq etc.
- Expertise in user research and user testing techniques, including the ability to set up tests and draw results quickly
- Provide guidance to the the development team on CSS frameworks and best practices, drawing on knowledge of UI design and interaction design.
- Create a design process that blends UX thinking and high-fidelity visual design – we will rely on the head of design to push the rest of our team to their A-game.
- Able to guide the team in structuring the design workstack and keeping pace with the product roadmap. Help build and formulate a UX Design and Research group.
- Experience working with a web & mobile apps – either direct-to-consumer or business-to-business – with complex user journeys.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and previous experience working in an Agile environment is required (startups would be great, but not mandatory).
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users experience online search.
- Collect and analyse user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritise research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences
Most of all you will take huge satisfaction from designing great software that meets users needs. You will enjoy the challenge of presenting complex concepts and ideas in a way that is intuitive and interactive. You will enjoy learning and will be comfortable communicating with developers who will implement your designs. Adopting best practices, such as LEAN development, will come naturally to you.
We think you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. Preferably a focus on Human Computer Interaction
- 3+ years of developing websites and applications.
- Experience with development on mobile platforms.
- Portfolio to showcase your work
- 3+ years of developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us why you would be a good fit for the Stratagem team and how working for Stratagem will help achieve both our goals and yours. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and will be required to demonstrate proficiency by completing a technical exercise.
We respectfully note that we will not be retaining recruitment consultant for this position and will simply not reply to unsolicited applications or enquiries from such parties.