We are looking for Masters/PhD level computational statisticians and data scientists to join our Quantitative Research team. Successful candidates will work on interesting Machine Learning problems in order to help us achieve our mission, which is to establish sports betting as an alternative asset class for sophisticated investors.
Our Quantitative Research Team works to develop and implement statistical and Machine Learning models for analysing and predicting the outcome of sporting events. We use the signals generated by these models to inform sports betting by professional traders. We currently model football, tennis and basketball and we are looking to extend our range to cricket, golf, American football and ice hockey.
We have positions for candidates who have achieved a Masters and/or PhD in a subject that heavily utilises computational statistical modelling or data science. Candidates with in-depth machine learning knowledge, experience of modelling sporting events or experience in financial quantitative analysis are particularly encouraged to apply.
Stratagem was founded in 2012 and represents the culmination of knowledge and expertise derived from a wealth of experience in both the financial markets and the sports betting industry. In 2015 the company was named one of the 20 Most Promising Sports Technology Solutions Providers by CIO Review.
We are seeking talented and motivated data scientists with a background or experience in machine learning. You should be excited by intellectual challenges and confident enough to contribute ideas and challenge assumptions from your first day. You will work in group of high-achieving quantitative researchers who love sport and who love solving difficult problems. You will be able to demonstrate your abilities through tangible work and discrete projects, with constant feedback from real world events.
- Developing and prototyping new algorithms for machine learning training and inference
- Applying these algorithms autonomous trading systems and predictive sports models
- Collaborating with machine learning researchers in leading universities and research labs. We have formal partnerships with 4 universities in the UK
- As a research scientist, you will lead and participate in research projects involving a small team, collaborating in a friendly work environment.
- Masters or PhD (preferred) in statistics, computer science, engineering or related field
- 2+ years experience in working with large data sets in a related field (demonstrable)
- Experience with a wide range of machine learning and statistical methods Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
- Strong familiarity with Python (preferred), R, Matlab or C/C++
- Familiarity with Theano, Torch, Caffe, TensorFlow or similar is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of 3 or more year of experience in Optimization, Machine Learning, or Computational statistics
We respectfully note that we will not be retaining recruitment consultant for this position and will simply not reply to unsolicited applications or enquiries from such parties.